Meet the Finalists!
Meet the 2021 ACCESS finalists! These startups from Atlanta, North Carolina and Florida have applied and met the following criteria to be a part of the 2021 ACCESS cohort!
Now, these founders will go through mentoring for two months with assigned business leaders who will help them prepare from the ACCESS Pitch Day on August 28, 2021. The founders will vie for investments and social grants towards their businesses.
ACCESS is an entrepreneurship program launched by TiE Atlanta Angels to close the mentoring and funding gap between women- and minority-owned businesses. While women- and minority-owned companies are trailblazing the entrepreneurship scene, access to capital, mentoring, and the right network remain as barriers. ACCESS aims to set the stage for business owners to present their product or service to established angel investors from TiE Atlanta.
Meet the Finalists
The companies will now vie for investment opportunities and a chance to present at TiECON Atlanta:
• FIRST PLACE – Up to $150,000 & opportunity to present at TiECON Atlanta 2021
• SECOND PLACE – Up to $100,000
• THIRD PLACE – Up to $75,000
All placed companies will receive: Two (2) months’ of mentorship with TiE Atlanta Charter Mentors; Two (2) tickets to TiECON 2021 on September 17, 2021; One (1) year of TiE Atlanta membership for up to 2 co-founders
Contingent on funds raised in 2021; we invested $295k in three TiE ACCESS companies in 2020. TiE reserves the right to invest based on the specific economics of each investment.
How You Can Get Involved
There are four ways individuals and organizations can get involved with ACCESS.
- Attend – We will send you info in a week on attending the pitch finals via Zoom at the end of Aug
- Invest – for equity, dollar options in the form.
- Promote – We will email you content to send out
- Co-sponsor – We will contact you to discuss how to strengthen our ecosystem.
Get involved by completing the ACCESS Interest Form below.